Newaygo County Partners in Prevention & Recovery
Purpose and Background
Align and integrate services in Newaygo County that reduce behavioral risk factors and engage the community in supporting all aspects of recovery.
Newaygo County Regional Educational Services Agency (NC RESA) works in conjunction with local human service agencies to provide meaningful substance abuse prevention services to local schools, community groups, and businesses. As an affiliate we value evidence based practices and work hard to impact and create community change. The affiliate strives to build programming thorugh consistent evaluation of programs, research of local needs, and constant interaction with community members.
- Drug Prevention Education in public and private schools
- Enforcement Zones and Alcohol and Tobacco Compliance Checks provided by the Newaygo County Sheriff's Office
- Vendor Education for all vendors in Newaygo County who sell alcohol or tobacco products provided by NC RESA and the District Health Department
- Synar Checks
- Diversion Programs for teens involved with alcohol, tobacco, and shoplifting through the Newaygo County Circuit Court
- Ongoing Data Collection for Individuals Involved in High Risk Behaviors
- Prevention Counseling groups in the middle and high schools of each district provided by Arbor Circle
- AlcoholEdu program piloted in Newaygo High School for the school year 2009-2010
Funded through Clinton-Eaton-Ingham Community Mental Health, located in East Lansing
Participating Agencies and Organizations
|27th Circuit Court,||NC RESA (Newaygo Co. Regional Educational Service Agency)|
|Arbor Circle||Newaygo Co. Sheriff’s Office|
|Clinton-Eaton-Ingham Community Mental Health||PRIDE of Newaygo County|
|CMH (Newaygo Co. Mental Health)||Senior Coordinating Council|
|DHS (Newaygo Co. Department of Human Services)||The Times-Indicator|
|District Health Department #10||TrueNorth Community Services|
|Family Health Care||White Cloud Public Schools|
|The Farm Where Living Things Grow||WISE (Women’s Information Service)|
NC RESA (Newaygo County Regional Educational Service Agency)
Coordinator of Health and Prevention
Lt. Chad Palmiter
Newaygo Co. Sheriff's Dept.
The Partners for Prevention and Recovery meet monthly on the third Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. at CMH.
August 19, 2014, 9:00 a.m. at CMH
September 16, 2014, 9:00 a.m. at CMH
October 21, 2014, 9:00 a.m. at CMH
November 18, 2014, 9:00 a.m. at CMH
December 16, 2014, 9:00 a.m. at CMH